Public health has an important role in improving the quality of human resources, poverty alleviation and economic development. Human Development Index put the health as one of the main components in addition to education and income measurement.
General condition of Indonesian health is influenced by environmental factors, behavior, and health services. While the health service consists of several components, among others, the availability and quality of health care facilities, medicines and medical supplies, health personnel, financing and health management. Primary health care facilities, Puskesmas, which is reinforced by Puskesmas Pembantu and the mobile Puskesmas, has been established in almost all parts of Indonesia, but equity and affordability of health care is still an obstacle.
Under uneven conditions of service affordability and needs behavior changing of the society, the country has recognized the important role of civil society organizations, especially for a response to an infectious disease that still relatively high prevalence in the community, such as tuberculosis, malaria and HIV/AIDS.
Penabulu believes that the improvement of the budgeting system of health care, improved governance of health services, in addition to the strengthening of civil society organizations to reach key populations community and promote the effectiveness of changes in people’s behavior become an important key to improve the quality of long-term health of Indonesian society.
The program mainly works to improve the quality, capacity and capability of civil society organizations working on issues of public health, both at the institutional and management aspects of the organization’s ability to empower and mobilize communities of key populations; promoting the development of an integrated system of planning and budgeting at the district level, and improvement of the mechanism of implementation of health support programs themselves.
- Capacity Building to Strengthen the Financial Management Systems and Capabilities of a USAID-Funded CEPAT NGO
- Financial Management Capacity Building for HCPI Partners
- Professional Financial Management Consultancy and Technical Assistance for USAID-Funded SIAP NGO Partner
- Technical Service Provider for Building the Capacity of HIV/AIDS Civil Society Organizations on Organizational Performance and Financial Management
- Delivering Expanded Resources for AIDS Programming
- Financial Management Technical Assistance for PR ‘Aisyiyah
- Strengthening Public Financial Management Capacity to Improve Public Service Delivery at Frontline Service
- Monitoring and Advocacy for Improved Public Service Delivery In Health Sector
- Strengthening Public Financial Management Capacity to Improve Public Service Delivery at Frontline Services
- Sekolah Hijau JAPFA – Integration of Waste Management and Environmental Improvement Solutions in Schools
- Voice for Change Partnership (V4CP) – Study on The Private Sector’s Perception and Engagement Towards WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene)
- DKI Jakarta
- District of Kediri, District of Malang, Malang City, Surabaya City, East Java
- District of Purwokerto, Central Java
- District of Cirebon, District of Indramayu, West Java
- Medan City, North Sumatra
- Batam City and Tanjung Pinang City, Riau Islands
- Denpasar City, Bali
- District of Lombok Timur, NTB
- District of Jayapura, District of Jayawijaya, District of Mimika, Papua
- District of Sorong dan District of Manokwari, West Papua
- Semarang, Central Java
- Surabaya, East Java
- Bandung, West Java
- East Sorong District, West Papua
- Abepura District, Papua
- Palembang, South Sumatera
- Bandar Lampung, Lampung
- Makassar, South Sulawesi
- Kendari, South-East Sulawesi
- Ciledug, South Tangerang
- East Java
- Nusa Tenggara Barat
- Tangerang Selatan, Provinsi Banten
- District of Pacitan, East Java
- District of Bantaeng, South Sulawesi
- Cikande and Cikupa, Tangerang
- West Sumatera and Lampung
- Modules and guides empowerment and community mobilization to reach and strengthen the key populations in order to prevention of HIV/AIDS in Indonesia.
- Environmental Mitigation and Manual Monitoring
- Policy documents and procedures which ensure that the factors and environmental values are integrated into the decision-making process and the implementation of the program on the issue of HIV/AIDS.
- Pitamerah | The People Behind The Number
- Service unit of Penabulu Alliance that focusing to improve the quality, capacity and capability of civil society organizations that working on issues of public health and public health services unit.
- Fulcra | Nonprofits Financial Consultant
- Service unit of Penabulu Alliance that focusing to improve financial governance of nonprofit organizations and other organizations that serve the public interest.
- Lingkar LSM | Stimulating Civil Society Empowerment
- Service unit of Penabulu Alliance for strengthening the capacity of civil society organizations in Indonesia especially on governance aspects of the institutional management and program management (planning-monitoring-evaluation).
- Performa | Nonprofit Human Resources Management
- Service unit of Penabulu Alliancefor the management and the strengthening of human resource management for nonprofit organizations in Indonesia.
USAID Community Empowerment of People Against Tuberculosis Program.
USAID Scaling-Up for Most-at-risk PopulationProgram.
- USAID – DERAP
USAID Delivering Expanded Resources for AIDS Programming Program.
AUSAID HIV Cooperation Programme for Indonesia Program.
Dutch donor institution that focus on the structural improvement of health conditions of marginalized communities in Africa and Asia through community empowerment, involving government and private sector to ensure that everyone can use essential services, learn healthy behaviors and enjoy sexual rights and reproductive.
- JKM (Network of Welfare/Public Health)
A civil society resources organization that located in Medan, working on community health projects across the province of North Sumatra.
- PPH Unika Atmajaya (Unika AtmajayaHIV/AIDS Research Center)
A research center that conducts research focuses on the social and behavioral aspects of HIV and AIDS issues in Indonesia, especially in populations of drug users, street children, and children affected by HIV and AIDS.
A non-profit organization that focusing on advocacy, campaigns and the strengthening of children affected by and living with HIV/AIDS.
- Doctor Share (Doctor Cares Foundation)
A non-profit humanitarian organization that focusing on health care and humanitarian assistance by providing access to holistically, independently, and impartially medical assistance, to those who need it the most, those who are considered poor and cannot afford for it.
Aisyiyah is an institution formed by Muhammadiyah with the tagline “Muslim Women’s Movement to Brighten the Nation”. Aisyiyah been getting funds from GlobalFund for more than 10 years through TB Care Aisyiyah.
KNCV has been working for more than 110 years for reducing tuberculosis in the Netherlands and the world.
- KOMPAK – Abt JTA (Community Collaboration and Services for Welfare)
KOMPAK is a facility funded by the Australian Government to support a number of Government of Indonesia (GoI) programs in achieving the RPJMN 2015-2019 targets of reducing poverty by improving the quality and coverage of basic services and by increasing off-farm economic opportunities for the poor.
- USAID (United States Agency for International Development)
USAID is the lead U.S. Government agency that works to end extreme global poverty and enable resilient, democratic societies to realize their potential.
- MSI (Management System International)
We are always driving toward results. For the last 30 years, MSI has helped to deliver development results across the developing world. We care deeply about the global issues we tackle. Our projects drive governments and organizations toward better results, helping the people they serve to live better lives.